The practice nurse is available for:
- Asthma Check
- Diabetic Check
- Coronary Heart Disease Clinic
- Blood Tests – Phlebotomy appointments on Tuesday 08.30 – 12.30, Wednesday 09:00 – 12:30, Thursday 08:30 – 12:30 and Friday 08.30 – 12.00. These appointments can be booked via Patient Access online
- Travel Vaccinations – see the above tab for more information.
- Well Woman Check – including smears, coil and pill checks.
- Ear Syringing
- ECG Testing
- 24 BP Monitoring
- New patient Checks
- Spirometry Testing
- Maternity Care – our midwife, Tracy Woodman, holds a weekly ante-natal clinic on Wednesdays from 13:00 by appointment.
- Child Immunisations – By appointment with Nurse Anna Salisbury
- Minor Injuries – we provide minor injury assessment and treatment services during normal working hours.
- Minor Surgery – the doctors carry out minor surgery procedures by appointment. Please make a routine appointment with the doctor, who after assessment will ask you to arrange a minor surgery appointment with the doctor and practice nurse.
- Family Planning Services – We provides the fitting of coils by appointment. We also provide contraception advice, depot injections and coil checks by appointment with either a GP or the practice nurse.
- Anticoagulation Clinics – for patients on Warfarin, we provide an anticoagulation service. INR tests are now carried out by appointment at the surgery and not at the Grange Clinic except for the housebound patients. The District Nurses can be arranged for any patient unable to get to the surgery due to a medical condition. Appointments are available on a Tuesday between 12:40 & 17.00 and on a Friday between 12.30 & 16:00. The follow up appointment will be arranged on your visit but if you need to re-arrange an appointment could you please contact the surgery and ask for Deena or Diane. If by chance they are not on duty the receptionist will take your number and one of them will contact you as soon as possible
- Emergency Contraception – we provide emergency contraceptive advice here at the surgery, but several local pharmacies also provide this service free of charge.
- Social Services and Carers – support can be accessed via the surgery.
- Stop Smoking Service – any patients who need help to stop smoking can be referred on to the local Stop Smoking Service. Patients can self refer by completing the following form: Stop smoking self referral and posting to the address at the bottom of the form.
Our Health Visitors, District Nurses, Podiatrist and Physiotherapy services are all now based at Grange-Over-Sands Health Centre.